I need to take charge of my life. I need to take back my life.
How does one start living for oneself and not for the sake of pleasing one's parents, avoiding the sparking of quarrels without incurring too much of their wrath? AND, when wrath has been incurred, how does one deal with it?
My mom says I've changed since my final exams.
Hell yea. Coz I'm trying to take back my life. Before I waste it away trying win a fight that's not even mine to begin with, to make things better at home between the 2 of you only to fall flat on my face each time.
This is probably the one thing that doesn't get easier with practice. After so long of hearing those snide remarks, it doesn't make it any easier to take it, doesn't make it any easier to let it go.
I'm not a gem. I'm just a damned piece of rock stuck between 2 ever-grinding axles. And I better hightail outta this type of life soon, before it grinds me down to dust.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home