Saturday, June 21, 2008

1 down, 7 to go

Week 1 of PA is officially OVER!

Here's a quick recap:

Day 1
First impression: plenty of ah-tiongs.

Anyway, I made the mistake of sleeping late the night before so my eyelids weighed a ton the whole day. But being the first day and all, I had to make sure I got the instructions right and having a goldfish memory DID NOT help.

The most conincidental thing happen! Remember fellow commonwealthian senior Joan from 4/3??? She's interning there too! How coincidental is that!

Time flew and after much paper flipping, typing and talking to oneself, we (yes, I said "we" coz I'm interning in the same co. as alison (herein after known as 'al'). Once again, extremely coincidental.) left at 6.30 with aching shoulders and blistered feet.

Day 2
Pretty uneventful day at the office.

Just at the office. Coz, guess who I bumped into after work at the mrt station. Ok, let me rephrase that. Guess who PLOUGHED into me.

*drum roll*



Bro, you pack quite a punch for someone that light. Haha, anyway, I shouldn't have lent you my phone that day, that way we can take the same train since I have loads to ask you since you didn't shokudo (btw, the food tt day seem exceptionally nice) with us that day since you were busy resting your eyes since they were red.


Day 3
Al's foot bled. Blood poured out, literally. Like a waterfall.

Like a bloodfall.

Went home with more sore shoulders.


Day 4
If there was an instance where winning a coin toss is a bad thing, this would be it. Al won the coin toss... as well as a whole stack of bank reconc. to do. And I mean a WHOLE stack. I mean months and months of undone bank reconc. and matching of bank statements and the co's records. Gave her such a neck ache.

My poor friend.

I think I'll bring my mahjong tile back massager thingy for her.


Day 5
Another ah tiong appeared. Apparently he just got back from his motherland. He must have buckets of leftover adrenaline coz he couldn't stop talking. And he opened my colleague's container of sweets w/o her permission. And he wouldn't stop hounding Joan about her bf. Maybe it's coz I didn't sleep well the night before (there was some getai thingy that had decibel levels that are off the charts and it gave me a headache), or maybe it's really his blatant disregard of basic courtesy and amazing capacity to talk, or maybe it's coz he kept saying the same not-so-funny joke over and over again (al, i think some of your dislikes are totally rubbing off on me.. hahaha). In any case, I was a lil' irked that day.

Anyhoodles, thus concludes week 1 of PA. Let's see what will happen next week since BIG BOSS is coming back from China.




On a more random note:



Gotta love the pepper, carrot and onion microphones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home