what's not well studied
Ok. So, what in the world am I talking about?
First, Al you know I experience sleep paralysis sometimes. Sam (and whoever else is reading this), I experience episodes of sleep paralysis sometimes when I'm sleeping (like duh, why else would it be called SLEEP paralysis).
When we sleep, the body usually goes into a paralysed state to prevent us from injuring ourselves during sleep (like when u have a nightmare and start thrashing about) In a nutshell, sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM sleep, but the bodily paralysis persists. In other words, during an episode of sleep paralysis, my mind is awake (like I can think and stuff normally) but I cannot move physically (though I can move my eyes and my jaw sometimes moves by itself). Even moving a finger requires a tremendous amount of mental strength to will it. Such episodes usually end if I manage to move a part of my body. But like I said, it requires a lot of mental strength. That's why after each episode I'm super drained (so you can imagine how tired I felt after a record breaking 7 [i think] consecutive episodes). So ya, that's sleep paralysis.
Yesterday on the bus ride back, I suddenly had a blind spot in my vision (no, not the driving blind spots but). More specifically using my left eye, there was a small area in the center of my vision that I couldn't see. It gradually grew developed a shimmering zig-zag sorta line on the left of the blind spot. Then I started to have a headache which grew into a splitting one and forced me to pop a pill. I did some online searching about it and I concluded that I quite possibly had what is called an ophthalmic migraine (sometimes called ocular migraine).
So what was the tweet about? It was simply that there is very little concrete studies and information both my conditions (sleep paralysis and ophthalmic migraine) as to the causes, or treatment.
But don't worry. I'm fine. Just that Al, when/if you sleep with me (ok tt sounds a bit wrong but you know wad I mean) in HK and u find me seemingly awake but teeth are chattering, you can try to move my hand or whatever to help me snap out of the sleep paralysis (altho there's inconclusive evidence on whether it'll really help).
Yup, that is what's not well studied.
First, Al you know I experience sleep paralysis sometimes. Sam (and whoever else is reading this), I experience episodes of sleep paralysis sometimes when I'm sleeping (like duh, why else would it be called SLEEP paralysis).
When we sleep, the body usually goes into a paralysed state to prevent us from injuring ourselves during sleep (like when u have a nightmare and start thrashing about) In a nutshell, sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM sleep, but the bodily paralysis persists. In other words, during an episode of sleep paralysis, my mind is awake (like I can think and stuff normally) but I cannot move physically (though I can move my eyes and my jaw sometimes moves by itself). Even moving a finger requires a tremendous amount of mental strength to will it. Such episodes usually end if I manage to move a part of my body. But like I said, it requires a lot of mental strength. That's why after each episode I'm super drained (so you can imagine how tired I felt after a record breaking 7 [i think] consecutive episodes). So ya, that's sleep paralysis.
Yesterday on the bus ride back, I suddenly had a blind spot in my vision (no, not the driving blind spots but). More specifically using my left eye, there was a small area in the center of my vision that I couldn't see. It gradually grew developed a shimmering zig-zag sorta line on the left of the blind spot. Then I started to have a headache which grew into a splitting one and forced me to pop a pill. I did some online searching about it and I concluded that I quite possibly had what is called an ophthalmic migraine (sometimes called ocular migraine).
So what was the tweet about? It was simply that there is very little concrete studies and information both my conditions (sleep paralysis and ophthalmic migraine) as to the causes, or treatment.
But don't worry. I'm fine. Just that Al, when/if you sleep with me (ok tt sounds a bit wrong but you know wad I mean) in HK and u find me seemingly awake but teeth are chattering, you can try to move my hand or whatever to help me snap out of the sleep paralysis (altho there's inconclusive evidence on whether it'll really help).
Yup, that is what's not well studied.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home