Saturday, May 15, 2010

a name i haven't heard in a while

So it turns out that the till now un-named principal under investigation for alleged "irregularities in procurement procedure" is none other than Mr Charles Surin, principal of Hai Sing Catholic school.

My science teacher in Sec 2.

Talk about a small world.

Well. Mr Surin. One does not quite know whether to like him or dislike him. Pretty ambitious guy, and the same goes for what he expects us to know, content-wise. I remember this lesson on the alimentary canal where he would walk around class with a stick and a smirk on his face, and he'd randomly select someone and go "you! Tell me what is peristalsis". Then he'd pressure the person by repeatedly banging e stick in his/her table (It was from then that I studiously memorized all the definitions and stuff). It was like Russian Roulette, with us all at the edge of our seats pretending to look normal but inclining our heads just that few inches lower than usual, hoping that the next person called wouldn't be us. Looking back now it all seems really hilarious.

Perhaps it's because he's ambitious and highly opinionated by nature, always pushing the limits of what he thinks can and should be done. Perhaps he's another agent of change like Mr Thomas Ong (ex-principal of CSS from a long time ago) who pushed for double maths as a compulsory subject for all express classes.

Well whatever it is, I hope it all works out for Mr Surin. He ruffles feathers some, I'll give him that. I'm no fan of his but perhaps he's just doing what he thinks has to be done.

I mean, for there to be change, there has to be some action first, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home