Sunday, April 26, 2009

keep on keeping on..!

Of all days to have my train ride unceremoniously shortened, it had to be today, the last day of school. Upon stepping off the train, I had this strange hollowness in my stomach. Like (at the risk of sounding overly melodramatic) I've left things unsaid. Ok, so the aforementioned things are just well-wishes for the exams and perhaps a less rushed "bye". Yet it gnawed at me. And for a good while at that.

In the car I was asking my parents why they couldn't pick me up slightly further down the line, like maybe at clementi or something. I even ventured to say that the amount of train fare saved wasn't much. Obviously that wasn't the real reason why I wanted to alight a bit later. It's coz it all seemed so rushed (read: I wanna be with my friends a lil longer) But had I used the real reason as justification of alighting later, my dad would have replied "you see them everyday wad, what difference would a couple of stops make?"

Plenty, if you ask me.

Yet I cannot deny truth in what he said. I see my frens everyday, plus I know eventually we'll see each other again on the 14th. Yet the prospect of not seeing friends for a longer than usual period of time never fails to make me wanna stretch the last "moments" (dramatic once again, but that's the best word I can come up with to describe this) with them as much as I possibly can, sometimes even risking the wrath of my parents. Not that I only do this "stretching" on last days.

My, my. How will I survive if one day I wake up and my family and friends all disappeared? How indeed, considering how I've come to rely on their laughter and happiness as fuel to keep walking. The notion scares me.

Ok, enough with the emo-ness. This will probably be the last "official" entry till my exams are over. Of course by "official" I mean an entry of decent length (and thought, perhaps). Maybe there'll be one liners, or maybe I'll swear off the comp for a while (though I'm pretty sure the latter is performance impossible).

To fellow SAAUOL-eans (even though I know only one SAAUOL-ean will ever read this, or even know of this blog's existence for that matter! ), all the best for the papers and keep on keeping on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home