Friday, June 12, 2009

Ya know, being the head / chairman / president / leader / whatever else you wanna call it isn't an easy job at all. Ya gotta use your authority properly, be firm but not dictator-like, set goals, ensure your team accomplishes the goal, make sure everyone does their job, be versatile enough to tweak the plans in the event things don't go according to plan (which, from experience, it seldom does), ensure that your team members are at least not unhappy carrying out their jobs, the list goes on.

It's gets even more tricky if the team comprises of your friends. You gotta balance getting the job done, not being overly naggy, not antagonizing them, trusting them to do what they're assigned to do etc etc etc.

I've already told you, most people of our age just do not have that sense of responsibility. They sometimes just do not make the effort to do certain things. Simple things like being punctual for a meeting seems to be a tall order for some.

It really isn't easy, so don't just talk. Especially if you've never been in such a situation, where you have to lead a team of friends, where you have to call the shots, where you have to juggle so many aspects and ensure that the job is done, where you do not have enough manpower and there really is nothing anyone can do. It always sounds possible in theory, but when it comes down to the execution, it's seldom that simple.

Sigh, I'd really like to say this to my dad, that my bro's job isn't easy. Yet I know if I argued, he'll totally blow and go into a 2 hour long lecture on why what I'm saying is not true and everyone will be unhappy.

Am I a coward for not saying this?

I feel I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home