one piece
Yes, I survived my first driving lesson and came back in one piece.
It wasn't as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be. I mean I was aware that I'm on the road with a bunch of other cars but I didn't feel my heart racing or anything of that sort. Hah, perhaps I was too foucused in trying to get my stepping of pedals right that I had no time to feel nervous. Sometimes in situations which may seem intimidating, I guess all we need is a lil distraction, something other than ourselves to focus on. We may surprise ourselves with the results.
Anyway, there was one point when I was on a single lane road and being a noob learner, I was going dead slow. Pretty soon I had an entourage of cars behind me some of which started a symphony of honks. Of course I completely ignored them. Like, hello? Did ya guys see that big fat red "L" on the butt of my car??? As if honking is gonna help the situation. It was pretty hilarious though, and I was totally laughing to myself.
Next lesson's next saturday and hopefully I'd be able to get the hang of stepping on the accelerator, turning, remembering to signal when I turn and remembering to check my mirrors by then. If all goes well, I should be taking my practical test in October.
And if all goes well, next year will be our last year in uni.
That's a good thing... right?
It wasn't as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be. I mean I was aware that I'm on the road with a bunch of other cars but I didn't feel my heart racing or anything of that sort. Hah, perhaps I was too foucused in trying to get my stepping of pedals right that I had no time to feel nervous. Sometimes in situations which may seem intimidating, I guess all we need is a lil distraction, something other than ourselves to focus on. We may surprise ourselves with the results.
Anyway, there was one point when I was on a single lane road and being a noob learner, I was going dead slow. Pretty soon I had an entourage of cars behind me some of which started a symphony of honks. Of course I completely ignored them. Like, hello? Did ya guys see that big fat red "L" on the butt of my car??? As if honking is gonna help the situation. It was pretty hilarious though, and I was totally laughing to myself.
Next lesson's next saturday and hopefully I'd be able to get the hang of stepping on the accelerator, turning, remembering to signal when I turn and remembering to check my mirrors by then. If all goes well, I should be taking my practical test in October.
And if all goes well, next year will be our last year in uni.
That's a good thing... right?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home