Thursday, July 16, 2009

Y(u)CK

Another party at an utterly ulu place. Like who's ever been to YCK?

Ok, so I'm just not familiar with the place. Never mind, I'll treat this as a chance to hone my long-unused topographical skills.

Wait, is it suppose to be "topographic skills" or "topographical skills"?

Anyway, as I was saying, I'll try to find my way there. Hopefully I'll have better luck than at Hillview the last time (I realised I haven't published that entry yet).

-----
"Not yet adults ourselves, we sought to protect ourselves from potential wounds by turning the tables on our potential aggressors and being the ones to launch the attack" - taken from Grotesque by Natsuo Kirino

I agree. I think it's from this that some people go on to become chronically unhappy and bitter; I've seen it happen. Thus is the danger of perception. So let's try to be calm and really think things through as objectively as we can before we determine one to be a friend or foe. Of course, some levels of subjectivity cannot be helped as no matter what, humans being human, there will always be an element of "self". Not that it's a bad thing; it's a pretty important element in fact. Without this "self", everyone would have the same personality, character, way of thinking etc. Without having conflicting ways of thinking, our brains will probably turn into toothpaste and we will never grow.

But I'm side-tracking here.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that often because of our primal instinct of self-preservation, we tend to take pre-emptive strikes at others, using our own often unfounded sometimes paranoia-driven perception as justification for our actions. Such actions, at the risk of making too absolute a qualification, never end well . So let's try not to be so quick to label others. But if labelling is really an itch you can't ignore, then at least use removable labels so u can rip the old label off and stick a new one when things prove contrary to what you have been thinking. Take care to remove the label cleanly though, coz sometimes residual glue from the previous label will still be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home