Wednesday, July 1, 2009

internship thus far

After 2 compilations, I've finally moved on to auditing proper. But man, there's so much to do. Plus there's so much I don't understand! They probably think I'm the dumbest person on earth, coz I ask questions that are probably dead simple to them. Of course, I remind myself that I'm there primarily to learn. I remind myself to ignore the looks of disbelief and exasperated tones. Because I have a job to do, and that is to learn as much as I can about this profession now, when we're expected to make mistakes. When you're a full fledged worker, there is less leeway for you to make the mistakes.

In anycase, I need moolah to repay the initial outlay of the investment that is me. Yes, I'm aware how cold and unfeeling it sounds but I say it as a matter of fact, because that's the way it is at home. I'm no longer bitter (I once was, but I'm past that) about it, coz bitterness doesn't get anyone anywhere. In fact, it's a pretty dangerous thing coz it snowballs and you get really twisted inside. And before you know it, you spend all your time living in your bitterness and hatred, never truly experiencing everything else that is there for you to experience. You become really suspicious of everyone and everything. That's not a life I want to have. So I've more or less accepted the circumstances I'm in. I say more or less because sometimes I still wonder why this is happening, how things could have gotten to this point, how a person can be so consumed by bitterness that they lose themselves. But we're merely humans and to err is human. Some err a little more than others, so they take a lil' longer to come back. And there's only so much a person can do to try to get the person back, the rest is really up to the person. Of course I'm still working on getting that concept imprinted into my head, coz I can never seem to let problems go. Always thinking that there must be something I can do to help. At times I wonder if I exacerbated the problem. I'll never know, I suppose. The only way I guess is to do what I think is right, and be responsible for whatever consequences that may arise.

I seem to be getting ahead of myself; this was suppose to just be a simple update on my internship. I'll end here then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home