Sunday, September 13, 2009

keep walking

Oh yeah, I kept walking alright.

On the COMEX day I walked from 6 Raffles Quay to Suntec via the Esplanade bridge under the clear blue sky. Sound picturesque doesn't it? Except the sky was CLEAR, meaning no clouds, meaning no buffer against the merciless heat from the sun, not to mention afternoon (1pm) sun is super darn glaring. BUT, it was a nice walk, though having a pair of shades would be nice. Anyway. To be more precise, I walked from 6 Raffles Quay to Esplanade to CityLink to Suntec to the foodcourt in Suntec (trying my darnest to osmosize through many partially permeable membranes of flesh) to the convention hall, through the convention hall (trying to osmosize once again), out of the hall, out of Suntec, through CityLink and finally to the MRT station.

That's one.

On The Great Search for Second Hand Textbooks Day, I (no I didn't walk to Bras Pasar) trained to Bugis and ate Mos with Ellena and Sam, during which they introduced me to Miss Singapore World 2009. Ok, not the actual person, just a vid of an interview with her. I'm gonna sidetrack a little and comment that it's really sad that after at least 10 years of using English as our first language, the standard of spoken English coming from some can still be that bad. I dunno, perhaps the interview made her nervous, therefore the bad English? Or maybe the mindset that English when spoken in an American accent would be more impressive? Just my two-cents worth. Anyway, walked from Bugis to Bras Pasar, trawled through most of the second hand bookshops (and found that everything was 1 edition too old), walked to City Hall MRT, and finally walked home from Lakeside MRT.

That concludes my WalkFest. Feels great though, the walking.

I'm hungry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home