6 weeks
It's said we don't know we've got till we lose it. Or in this case, till we're staying over at BugLand HomeTeamNS adventure centre with it's not so comfortable beds and matching (as in, equally not so comfortable) pillows.
May I now proclaim that I LOVE MY BED AND MY PILLOW AND MY FAST BECOMING 2-DIMENSIONAL BOLSTER AND MY TATTERED BUT NOT HOLEY BLANKET.
Now that the profession of my love for my sleeping stuff (is there a word for it? my brains evidently are not working right) is in place, we can move on to more serious stuff, such as:
With the conclusion of Germ's party (which happens to be the last of my friends' b'day parties till prolly December) the honeymoon period is over and it's really high time to focus on my work. Come next week, there'll only be 6 weeks left till mocks. 6 weeks. If you do the math, that equates to 1.5 weeks per subject, which is not a lot considering lessons are still ongoing. Which means balancing learning new stuff and revising old stuff. Plus like I mention before, with the exception of MA, the rest of my subjects are very content heavy. Which essentially means that I'll prolly once again not be able to finish covering everything. Never mind. Just gonna do whatever I can (tt's the only thing I can do anyway).
I have to learn to discipline my mind to block out unnecessary distractions, comprising both tangible and intangible ones. (I'm suddenly reminded of IASes 16 and 38) My mind has a tendency of wandering when I do my work you see. So I suppose word of the month (or next 2 months I suppose) is FOCUS. I need to adjust my aperture, ISO and shutter speed so I can get a good picture of things.
Ok, my eyes are going out of focus (ooo, the F word again) now. Imma go crash now.
Oh and HAPPY 21st to Debs and Germ~
May I now proclaim that I LOVE MY BED AND MY PILLOW AND MY FAST BECOMING 2-DIMENSIONAL BOLSTER AND MY TATTERED BUT NOT HOLEY BLANKET.
Now that the profession of my love for my sleeping stuff (is there a word for it? my brains evidently are not working right) is in place, we can move on to more serious stuff, such as:
With the conclusion of Germ's party (which happens to be the last of my friends' b'day parties till prolly December) the honeymoon period is over and it's really high time to focus on my work. Come next week, there'll only be 6 weeks left till mocks. 6 weeks. If you do the math, that equates to 1.5 weeks per subject, which is not a lot considering lessons are still ongoing. Which means balancing learning new stuff and revising old stuff. Plus like I mention before, with the exception of MA, the rest of my subjects are very content heavy. Which essentially means that I'll prolly once again not be able to finish covering everything. Never mind. Just gonna do whatever I can (tt's the only thing I can do anyway).
I have to learn to discipline my mind to block out unnecessary distractions, comprising both tangible and intangible ones. (I'm suddenly reminded of IASes 16 and 38) My mind has a tendency of wandering when I do my work you see. So I suppose word of the month (or next 2 months I suppose) is FOCUS. I need to adjust my aperture, ISO and shutter speed so I can get a good picture of things.
Ok, my eyes are going out of focus (ooo, the F word again) now. Imma go crash now.
Oh and HAPPY 21st to Debs and Germ~

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home