splurge
That day (I think it was Sunday evening), I was having dinner at the food centre opposite West Coast plaza. Then came this crippled guy on a crutch who was walking around the food centre, singing for "donations". The response from the people eating there seems quite good: there were many $2 notes given, and one generous guy gave him a crisp $10 note.
Later, I saw him (the crippled man) flag a cab.
Perhaps it's not my place to judge him, but I feel that he betrayed the goodwill of those who donated to him. Think about it, flagging down a cab already costs a few bucks, not to mention the journey itself. Is the "splurge" really justifiable? I personally do not think so.
Just like the buying of the horse.
Ah well, my two-cents.
Later, I saw him (the crippled man) flag a cab.
Perhaps it's not my place to judge him, but I feel that he betrayed the goodwill of those who donated to him. Think about it, flagging down a cab already costs a few bucks, not to mention the journey itself. Is the "splurge" really justifiable? I personally do not think so.
Just like the buying of the horse.
Ah well, my two-cents.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home