distant worlds...
... is a distant dream. Yup, I missed the concert coz it was held right smack during my exams.
Sigh, I hope they have another Final Fantasy concert here. And that it doesn't clash with any major stuff.
Nobuo Uematsu's a genius. He's composed every single piece from Final Fantasy 1 through 9. Every single piece, mind you. Although he left Square Enix (the video game company responsible for all the FFs) in 2004, he set up his own company called Smile Please (Haha, I will Uematsu-san). I dunno, he just seem like such an honest and down to earth guy despite his phenomenal success.
How do they get the inspiration from I wonder? And how are they able to translate the inspiration into their work? Composers, poets, designers, songwriters, playrights, choreographers etc are really amazing people. Here we are struggling just to execute what is known, trying to understand the story behind each composition and then we have them creating something. But I suppose, as much as we try to replicate what the composer wants to convey, and try to use methods that may shed some light on what they want to convey (ya know, with all the musical notation and all) no one can truly understand a composition better than the composers themselves, for it is they, in the particular state of mind or situation that they were in, who creates the compositions capturing that single moment in time. But that's the tricky thing about poets and songwriters and playright and pretty much artists who use words to express themselves. While we can find hundreds of thousands of words in a dictionary, sometimes the words just do not describe what we want to describe, especially when it's emotions and feelings that we're trying to describe. 想いをつたえられるのは言葉だけじゃないよ (line stolen from FF7, it means words aren't the only way to convey feelings, something along those lines)
Haha, I realise how far I've digressed from talking about Distant Worlds. But I really do hope they have another concert here. More choices of days would be nice too.
Sigh, I hope they have another Final Fantasy concert here. And that it doesn't clash with any major stuff.
Nobuo Uematsu's a genius. He's composed every single piece from Final Fantasy 1 through 9. Every single piece, mind you. Although he left Square Enix (the video game company responsible for all the FFs) in 2004, he set up his own company called Smile Please (Haha, I will Uematsu-san). I dunno, he just seem like such an honest and down to earth guy despite his phenomenal success.
How do they get the inspiration from I wonder? And how are they able to translate the inspiration into their work? Composers, poets, designers, songwriters, playrights, choreographers etc are really amazing people. Here we are struggling just to execute what is known, trying to understand the story behind each composition and then we have them creating something. But I suppose, as much as we try to replicate what the composer wants to convey, and try to use methods that may shed some light on what they want to convey (ya know, with all the musical notation and all) no one can truly understand a composition better than the composers themselves, for it is they, in the particular state of mind or situation that they were in, who creates the compositions capturing that single moment in time. But that's the tricky thing about poets and songwriters and playright and pretty much artists who use words to express themselves. While we can find hundreds of thousands of words in a dictionary, sometimes the words just do not describe what we want to describe, especially when it's emotions and feelings that we're trying to describe. 想いをつたえられるのは言葉だけじゃないよ (line stolen from FF7, it means words aren't the only way to convey feelings, something along those lines)
Haha, I realise how far I've digressed from talking about Distant Worlds. But I really do hope they have another concert here. More choices of days would be nice too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home