it's over!
INTERNSHIP IS OVER. FINALLY.
Yes, you can prolly tell from my tone that I didn't really enjoy it this time. Why? Hmmm, I suppose it's the lack of rapport with the people there. Yet I can't say that it's coz they're unfriendly or being exclusive. Part of it can, I guess, be attributed to the fact that I had Germ with me. See, with her around, I have someone I know so I wouldn't (and didn't) make the extra effort knowing them. We all like to stay within our comfort zones, don't we? It's only when the necessity arises that we venture out of our comfort zones into The Unknown, coz we have no choice (although sometimes, even if the necessity arises, we are still hesitant about stepping out)
Having said that, I've learn more about auditing than I did last year, which begs the question: is enjoying one's internship negatively correlated to the things one learns?
NAH, I don't think so. In any case the sample size (i.e. 2 internships thus far) is too small to do perform a regression analysis (What's with the technical terms?). Oh plus regression analysis has no predictive value.
Ok, I'll cut out the technical stuff.
Which brings me to the next point: end of internship = results. Sigh, why do I feel that my results will be a royal screw up? Worst case scenario: I flunk all 4 papers and I'll have to take 8 papers next year. How am I ever gonna survive that? It doesn't help that my mom keeps saying "hearing you talk about your papers, I'm very scared. Why like that?"
Honestly what do you want me to say? And how will anything I say make any difference? What's done is done. If I've screwed up, then I've screwed up, and whatever I say isn't gonna make my grades miraculously better. So why bother with meaningless superfluousness?
Sigh, perhaps for all that I've said, I'm just fooling myself that I've got everything figured out. Perhaps I'm just trying to avoid the issue.
Haha, running away again, are we?
Yes, you can prolly tell from my tone that I didn't really enjoy it this time. Why? Hmmm, I suppose it's the lack of rapport with the people there. Yet I can't say that it's coz they're unfriendly or being exclusive. Part of it can, I guess, be attributed to the fact that I had Germ with me. See, with her around, I have someone I know so I wouldn't (and didn't) make the extra effort knowing them. We all like to stay within our comfort zones, don't we? It's only when the necessity arises that we venture out of our comfort zones into The Unknown, coz we have no choice (although sometimes, even if the necessity arises, we are still hesitant about stepping out)
Having said that, I've learn more about auditing than I did last year, which begs the question: is enjoying one's internship negatively correlated to the things one learns?
NAH, I don't think so. In any case the sample size (i.e. 2 internships thus far) is too small to do perform a regression analysis (What's with the technical terms?). Oh plus regression analysis has no predictive value.
Ok, I'll cut out the technical stuff.
Which brings me to the next point: end of internship = results. Sigh, why do I feel that my results will be a royal screw up? Worst case scenario: I flunk all 4 papers and I'll have to take 8 papers next year. How am I ever gonna survive that? It doesn't help that my mom keeps saying "hearing you talk about your papers, I'm very scared. Why like that?"
Honestly what do you want me to say? And how will anything I say make any difference? What's done is done. If I've screwed up, then I've screwed up, and whatever I say isn't gonna make my grades miraculously better. So why bother with meaningless superfluousness?
Sigh, perhaps for all that I've said, I'm just fooling myself that I've got everything figured out. Perhaps I'm just trying to avoid the issue.
Haha, running away again, are we?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home