Saturday, February 20, 2010

ESTJ?

So I did this Myers-Briggs personality test thingy and according to the test, I am what is called an ESTJ.

Words in blue are the descriptions according to the net. Words in purple are my thoughts.

As an ESTJ, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion.

ESTJs live in a world of facts and concrete needs. They live in the present, with their eye constantly scanning their personal environment to make sure that everything is running smoothly and systematically. They honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. They expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding of individuals who do not value these systems (not very true. Yes, I expect others to have certain values which to me are pretty logical and "common sensical", but I don't think I have "no patience or understanding" those who value different things from me.). They value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for their efforts.

ESTJs are take-charge people (I don't think I'm a very take charge person. But it does irk me somewhat when people start pushing responsibity to one another or when there is no action). They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident (not all the time) and aggressive (only when provoked or when my friends are bugged, unfairly treated etc). They are extremely talented at devising systems and plans for action, and at being able to see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task. They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve (not very true. I find myself too diplomatic sometimes) if they feel someone isn't meeting their standards. But at least their expressions can be taken at face-value, because the ESTJ is extremely straight-forward (no leh, I sometimes say things in a roundabout way) and honest.

The ESTJ is usually a model citizen, and pillar of the community (I dun think I'd make a very good pillar). He or she takes their commitments seriously (too seriously sometimes), and follows their own standards of "good citizenship" to the letter (true). ESTJ enjoys interacting with people, and likes to have fun. ESTJs can be very boisterous and fun at social events, especially activities which are focused on the family, community, or work (they totally left out the other most impt group of people to me: my FRIENDS!).

The ESTJ needs to watch out for the tendency to be too rigid, and to become overly detail-oriented. Since they put a lot of weight in their own beliefs, it's important that they remember to value other people's input and opinions (I do!). If they neglect their Feeling side, they may have a problem with fulfilling other's needs for intimacy, and may unknowingly hurt people's feelings by applying logic and reason to situations which demand more emotional sensitivity.

When bogged down by stress, an ESTJ often feels isolated from others. They feel as if they are misunderstood and undervalued, and that their efforts are taken for granted. Although normally the ESTJ is very verbal and doesn't have any problem expressing themself, when under stress they have a hard time putting their feelings into words and communicating them to others. (True. Coz I have a huge ego and would try to fix my problems on my own, no matter how big they are. And true also that sometimes I dunno how to put my feelings into words. But then again, words can't describe everything.)

ESTJs value security and social order above all else, and feel obligated to do all that they can to enhance and promote these goals. They will mow the lawn, vote, join the PTA, attend home owners association meetings, and generally do anything that they can to promote personal and social security.

The ESTJ puts forth a lot of effort in almost everything that they do (the exception being in studies. very 力不从心 sometimes). They will do everything that they think should be done in their job, marriage, and community with a good amount of energy. He or she is conscientious, practical, realistic, and dependable (this last trait is questionable). While the ESTJ will dutifully do everything that is important to work towards a particular cause or goal, they might not naturally see or value the importance of goals which are outside of their practical scope (not very true). However, if the ESTJ is able to see the relevance of such goals to practical concerns, you can bet that they'll put every effort into understanding them and incorporating them into their quest for clarity and security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home