Sunday, June 2, 2013

You are NOT what happened to you in the past. You ARE how you choose to live now.
It is time for me to start taking charge of my life: where I want to be, or simply what my next step is.

I have let myself slip into a state where a blame the status quo in my life on everything else around me, when the truth is that I am afraid to take a step. I am afraid of the uncertainty, of the unknown. Too many what-ifs, too much over thinking the subsequent steps before I even cleared the step before me. I had unknowingly allowed myself to indulge in my own denial. Denial of the fact that the world does not owe me a living. Everyone else going through the same thing: everyone is primarily responsible for their own life. Even though life may throw curveballs at me, ultimately, it is how I take these curve balls, how I react to and deal with them that matters. Whether I am lucky or not, that will be a bonus but  it cannot be the foundation of my life. I must forge my own path. I must take steps which will allow me to be closer to my dreams, be they material or non-material. I must lead myself. I must sustain my own fire.

No more over thinking. No more being controlled by fear. Boost my confidence. It is time to step up. It is time to be what I wish I was. I may not be there now, and I may not know the way there, but I must use my own fire to light the way.

It is time to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home